Saturday 30 April 2016

RX Antenna Isolator

i am now using my Receive antenna for 160. although my Rig (K3S) does ground the RX IN port on TX I decided to add a little extra protection.

after a bit of looking around on the internet I came across don's, G3BJ's page. he has a schematic for such a device on his web page G3BJ RX antenna protector along with some other designs for various other radio related stuff.

I did some shopping online for parts from here Bitsbox and now time to put it together.
I used parts as described in dons schematic.


I first layed out the parts in the box to decide where the various parts would go. Relay is a RTE20412. 12V.
 
 
 
once I had the layout I was happy with, i soldered everything in. below, all electrical soldered.  
 
 
Below, with RF lines connected, testing with 12v applied and the green phono is supplying 5V's, as if it was being keyed, PTT. I used a multimeter in continuity mode (BNC's)  to check the relay was switching when 5v's is applied (green phono).
 
 
All was good under testing, so finished boxing it up.
 
 
 
 
 
thanks don  G3BJ 
 
 
73.......

 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.